In November of 2007, the Board of Directors adopted the Regulatory Resolution 2007-10 regarding the storage of trash containers and related issues for individual lots. The following questions and answers should help highlight the main points of Resolution 2007-10.
- On what day of the week is garbage collected?
- Current collection days are Tuesday and Friday, but may change from time to time.
- On what day of the week is recycling collected?
- Recycling is collected only on Tuesday mornings.
- Where may I store trash cans and recycling bins?
- Trash cans and recycling bins must be stored out of sight. Trash cans and recycling bins must be removed from the front curb following trash pick-up and are never to be stored in front of the house or remain in public view on non collection days.
- When may I put my trash can or recycling bin at the curb?
- Trash and recycling containers shall not be put on the curb earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the day before trash collection. Trash containers must be removed from public view by 9:00 p.m. on trash collection days.
- What happens if I leave trash or recycling at the curb outside of the prescribed times?
- Residents may be fined by the Association.
- What do I do if I need a large appliance or large item picked up?
- Residents are responsible for making arrangements with the trash removal company for the pick-up of large appliances/items. Residents are required to secure such items so that they do not pose a hazard to other people or property.
- Who do I call if I have a large item that needs to be picked up?
- Residents should call the current trash removal company, American Disposal Services. The phone number for American Disposal Services is (703) 368-0500.
- When will yard debris be collected?
- The second collection day of the week, Friday.
- When whill Christmas Trees be collected?
- During the yard debris collection day (Friday) after the Holiday. Please remove all tinsel and decorations. Do not put trees in plastic bags.